THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES THE TERMS ON WHICH JAIL MEDIA NETWORK OFFERS YOU ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES.
This Agreement describes the terms and conditions applicable to your use of our services at http://www.SacramentoCoJail.com. If you have any questions, please contact our legal department at email@example.com.
We may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on our site. Except as stated below, all amended terms shall automatically be effective after they are initially posted on our site. This agreement is effective as of July 22, 2008.
1. Jail Media Network is Only a Venue.
1.1 Online Services. Our site acts as a venue to allow anyone to provide information about the jail in question and to offer certain products and or services. We are not affiliated with the jail in question or the persons providing information with respect thereto. As a result, we have no control over the truth or accuracy of the information on the site.
1.2 Release. Because we are not involved in the information provided herein, in the event that you have a dispute with the information provided, you release Jail Media Network (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
1.3 Information Control. We do not control the information provided by other users which is made available through our system. You may find other user's information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. Please use caution and common sense when using our site.
2. Access and Interference. Our web site contains robot exclusion headers and you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained herein without our prior expressed written permission. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers, or to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the site. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. Much of the information on our site is updated on a real time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to us by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any content from our website without the prior expressed written permission of us or the appropriate third party.
3. Breach. Without limiting other remedies, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your access and refuse to provide our services to you: (a) if you breach this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference; (b) if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (c) if we believe that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our users or us.
4. No Warranty. WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS PROVIDE OUR WEB SITE AND SERVICES "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
5. Liability Limit. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SITE, OUR SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE). OUR LIABILITY, AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR SUPPLIERS, TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAY TO US IN THE 2 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, AND (B) $100.
6. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold us our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
7. Arbitration. Any legal controversy or legal claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or our services, excluding legal action taken by us to collect our fees and/or recover damages for, or obtain an injunction relating to, the site operations, intellectual property, and our services, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Salt Lake City, Utah, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Should either party file an action contrary to this provision, the other party may recover attorneys fees and costs up to $1000.00.
8. Additional Terms. This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Utah as such laws are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Utah between Utah residents. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services, and operation of our site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. You agree that this Agreement and all incorporated agreements may be automatically assigned by us, in our sole discretion, to a third party in the event of a merger or acquisition. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof.